English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Español(Spanish Formal International)Japanese(JP)简体中文(中国)Italian - ItalyRomână (România)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)GreekRussian (CIS)Bulgarian (Български)Polish (Poland)Português (Brasil)Nederlands - nl-NLSvenska (Sverige)Čeština (Česká republika)Danish(DK)Vietnamese-VNMagyar (Hungarian)Slovenčina (Slovenská republika)Korean(Republic of Korea))Norsk bokmål (Norway)CatalanМакедонски (Macedonian)

Number of Visitor Pageloads:

tumblr analytics

Home Article Library February 2009 The Ego and Ascension

Inelia Benz

Many spiritual and psychological modalities will demonize the ego.

Don't.

The ego is a necessary "body" we need to wear in order to live in and survive in the world. It can get out of hand and is the main brake on one's ascension process.

Yet it is necessary.

We can easily identify the ego when we feel a strong negative emotion. Whether fear, anger, frustration, intimidation... all these are felt by the ego.

When I trace the feelings, I often find them in one particular part of the physical body.

Next time you feel a strong negative emotion, trace it to a part in your body and then bathe it with love.

A lot of awakened masters have huge egos. This is reflected in the us/them mentality, "my way of doing things is the only way" mentality, and a huge resistance to try or learn any other "modality". They are often "healers" too, with a huge list of returning clients who "need" them.

The ego will battle and fight to survive.

Do I have an ego? Of course I do. All humans have an ego and I exist here on Earth as a human. Does it get out of hand sometimes? YES.

I can be arrogant, or feel a need to be "right", be ignorant of others feelings and outright needy at times.

And when I feel those things, I trace it back to the source and bathe it with love. Sometimes the feelings will bite me in the ass and I will do something stupid, like argue or feel hurt.

One thing though, the battles become silly and a waste of valuable time and resources. And the times of ego become smaller and less damaging, while the times of existing in Oneness become longer.

Note: Do you want to chat with Inelia? Go to walkwithmenow.com/about

Comments  

+1 #10 Guest 2011-10-20 00:12
Sometimes I refer to my ego, as "the one thats always following me around! :oops: :-x

+1 #9 Guest 2011-09-03 20:58
My ego has worn many masks. I thought I needed it to survive. Then I started the ascension process and I became aware that the masks of my ego, while protecting me, were hurting other people. I began to listen to what I was saying, and feel the other person's response. I was mortified how many times my sarcastic remarks hurt those I care for. My ego was terribly overinflated. I was so preoccupied putting on a show so others could see how enlighted I was, that oblivious that my type A personality and my flamboyance with words could have such an affect on people. Because I can hear and feel now how my words affect others, I think carefully before speaking. I also discovered that I did not like it when my own selfish needs, and my expoliting others for my own entertainment was hurting others. But, its hard being without it. I find myself feeling vulnerable because I no longer want to hurt others for my own grandizement and public entertainment. I sort of feel emotionally naked, just me.

+1 #8 Guest 2011-06-19 21:09
Thank you for this and all of the information you provide here! I've just been exploring this idea of the ego and how it relates to ascension and a spiritual path. Reading this has helped confirm that it is just one more aspect to be brought into balance, not something to try to remove. I love the idea of tracing back the source and bathing it in love. Your exercises rock - simple and to the point, but effective. Ty so much for sharing your work and knowledge! I'm finding it very helpful.

+1 #7 Guest 2011-05-30 13:09
ONENESS... ah, just the idea of it feels such a joyful relief!! the word helps me breathe deep and sigh... and knowing i dont need to battle constantly vs. my ego -which at times makes me feel huge,and many other times, soooo small- brings a great relief too! embracing ego and such energies with my light, yes!! :D eal! Ilda(Devi)Grau

0 #6 Guest 2011-05-28 12:31
t..hank you for your answer...then the ego-funtion got quit distorted..as ego is now allmost killing us with its demands...:))

0 #5 Inelia Benz 2011-05-28 10:37
Quoting karin sevensma:
inelia..i do not understand..you answered that ego is to keep you save...but we are save....how do you see t hat?

It's physical survival.

0 #4 Guest 2011-05-28 02:01
inelia..i do not understand..you answered that ego is to keep you save...but we are save....how do you see t hat?

+1 #3 Inelia Benz 2011-05-27 19:04
Quoting karin sevensma:
so ego some sort of instrument opposite to soul..in order to create friction for awareness>

The ego has certainly become a friction, but its not really designed to be. It is designed to keep us safe. But it is over fed and goes completely out of control due to the way in which the patriarchy wants us to base our lives in, via culture, so we are easier to manage.

0 #2 Guest 2011-05-27 14:41
so ego some sort of instrument opposite to soul..in order to create friction for awareness>

0 #1 Guest 2011-05-27 14:35
so ego is the driving force..we need it to move so to speak?

Add comment

The comment you have submitted will be reviewed before publication.

Thank you!

Security code
Refresh

Interview With an Angel

Inelia's latest novel is here!

Read More

Ascension Updates

Subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to connect with us. You will receive updates about new content, events and even a few surprises :)

captcha 

Interview with A Psychic Assassin

Explore the flexible nature of our reality as this interview turns into an adventure!

Read More

Love, Sex and Soulmates

love, sex and relationships- "falling" in love
- does a soul have sex?
- gender as opposed to sex
- the urge to find the one

Love, Sex and Soulmates in the New Paradigm

More Details

Articles Index

Expand All / Collapse All

Inelia Benz

- writer
- blogger
- dreamer
- painter
- musician

Read More

Interview with An Alien

Ascension and Awakening eBook

Read More

Donate

If you wish to support the work of Inelia Benz you can do so by making a donation. Your funds will empower all the free information and content that is available now on the website. Thank you!

Make a donation

Process your Fears

Fear is the emotion that keeps you back, that has the most lowering effect on vibrational level. Fear can remain as a back thought when you do your meditations or visualizations. Suppressing this emotion is not helpful, but you can process it and release it from your body. The transcript of the exercise is freely available.

Order now

Get your Ascension101 Course

Details >

Get Ascension Updates:

captcha