English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Español(Spanish Formal International)Japanese(JP)简体中文(中国)Italian - ItalyRomână (România)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)GreekRussian (CIS)Bulgarian (Български)Polish (Poland)Português (Brasil)Nederlands - nl-NLSvenska (Sverige)Čeština (Česká republika)Danish(DK)Vietnamese-VNMagyar (Hungarian)Slovenčina (Slovenská republika)Korean(Republic of Korea))Norsk bokmål (Norway)CatalanМакедонски (Macedonian)

Number of Visitor Pageloads:

tumblr analytics

Home Article Library February 2015 Language as a tool of enslavement...

Inelia Benz

altHave you wondered why we all spell things the same way, well not quite, as in England we spell things differently from the States - same with Spanish from Spain and Spanish from South America, but generally it's pretty uniform.
Also, did you know that the structuring of sentences (e.g. some people beLIEve that a sentence MUST have a subject, verb, and no more than one adjective... must all be in the same tense... and same "person")... is a very recent invention?

It blocks the free flow of information and energy behind the words. Not only of writing it, but also of it being received. If the writing has "mistakes" or "errors", a person stuck in the "grammar matrix" will not be able to understand it, or will get terribly distracted by these "errors in grammar" and miss the point, thought, or energy being carried in the piece they were reading. It creates minds that are barren (only in expression), restricted and overall unsure of how to express fully, without mistakes.

I had the good fortune of manifesting two amazing English teachers. One in high-school, and the other at University. They both taught that the best thing a person can do, is to forget all grammar, and any other kind of rule that dictates the free flow of energy and information while we write... including how many commas we can use in a sentence... how long the sentence needs to be... how many times we can use "and" or whatever... and even the rule that says we cannot invent new wordiethings. Also, they taught me that colons ( : ), dashes ( - ), semicolons ( ; ), slashes ( / ) and parenthesis (()), belong in mathematical formulas only and have no place in a free flow of expression (they divide and fracture). And... never have a "but" or "and" start a sentence, and especially not start a pragraph! And... to forget all that too and just do what we bloody well want.

Both gave the following example of one of the greatest chapters in English literature, which is a perfect example of free flow of energy (emotion, thoughts, information, visualization): James Joyce's Penelope (Episode 18 of Ulysses) www.online-literature.com/james_joyce/ulysses/18/

Here is some historical data on the invention of grammar and spelling for the English language ~ look at the qualifications of the men who invented it to understand the real reason for it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_English_grammars

And it basically pretty much reflects why rules were invented for older languages and modern languages too. Aristotle didn't follow any grammatical rules ;)  What we think these days as the sentence's subject (originally "the concept being looked at"), which is what the sentence "subject" was based on, has been totally misunderstood: home.mira.net/~andy/works/aristotle.htm

Anyways, I am sharing this with you because language is something that didn't start being dogmatic and filled with rules and structures. A bit like religion... it was hijacked for a while so we could experience separation really well. Now we move on.

It's not about blame, ever. Remember that we are the ones using language and subscribing to things, and giving our power away, and taking our power back... no one can force us to do anything. But I can see that we can easily fall into the victim/aggressor thing here. My article is really aimed at making us aware of our choices, and how a divisive, unnatural, structure was introduced into our communication system. It also has really good bits to it, that help us in communicating better, like a standardized spelling system (one we can all understand)... I think is very useful. As we become aware, we have greater freedom to choose to keep aspects of it or discard them.

I invite you to step out of grammar and express as your heart desires! And I can say that because I have a 1st Class Honours Degree in Communication Studies from Dublin City University and got the highest scores ever achieved by anyone on Sociolinguistics... which was taught by the top linguist in the world at the time... how about that for a push on authority hehehehehehehehe :O 8) Did it make this post suddenly become more real and something to listen to for you? That's about the programming that says we can only talk about language if we have a degree or two, or ten... or it means nothing. A whole subject in and of itself.

Note: Do you want to chat with Inelia? Go to walkwithmenow.com/about

Comments  

+1 #6 Lou 2015-11-08 03:16
Grammar was not an invention. All language required grammar to develop and to be understood. But, in saying that, all language is in constant flux and the grammatical rules that are understood are always changing.
I have a 1st class honours degree in historical linguistics.

+1 #5 CJA 2015-11-07 18:31
Grammar's a mind prison that orders us to fill it's cells with the depossessed of mind, the thoughtless, mindless ones. Grammar cares not about content, only about form. That's why poetry hasn't the heart to chop off of the head, but speaks directly in image!!! A happy dance has not the slightest need for rules! :-)

0 #4 Guest2 2015-06-26 20:51
I agree with your intention behind this, but alas, I don't think your intended message is getting across. There are a lot of positive reasons for structure. For example, it is often said among writers that once a person has proven that he/she knows the rules, he/she may then break as many as they want. Given your formal background in language, you may very well fit the criteria of someone who has already shown that she has a good understanding of structured language and is now intentionally choosing to break the rules as opposed to breaking them because she does not know them. Another good reason for structure, though maybe this is slightly off topic, is that many of us are choosing to publish digitally and technology works most reliably when HTML and other coding is formatted properly.
In my personal experience, I intentionally use bad grammar when speaking with some people because I am more interested in accurate communication, which I think is the main point of this article.

+1 #3 Jim Mooney 2015-06-14 03:04
You should read General Semantics by Korzybski - he was the pioneer in recognizing the hypnotism of language.

+3 #2 Andrea Robertson 2015-04-05 20:17
As an elementary school teacher of English learners, some with learning disabilities, I found this article to be refreshing. I often feel despair when some of my students with wonderful ideas become frustrated when forced to follow English language conventions and express their creative ideas. Some of the students with least creativity seem to follow the rules more readily too.

+2 #1 MeTa MeLa 2015-02-27 21:01
I love this...I always felt like language is so frustrating...a lthough i've always enjoyed reading and communication, I feel like if I wasn't hyper-empathic in being able to tap into the emotion of people's thought-forms, I honestly do not know how I would be able to hear and understand what people are saying. I think I purposely came in that way to force myself to focus on living and empathically feeling people through the heart. It drives me nuts when people get caught up with language and specific rules as a way to belittle others. It has happened to me also. FUCK THAT....LMAO!!! ! And I am saying that with Unconditional Love, Inelia!!!!

Add comment

The comment you have submitted will be reviewed before publication.

Thank you!

Security code
Refresh

Interview With an Angel

Inelia's latest novel is here!

Read More

Ascension Updates

Subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to connect with us. You will receive updates about new content, events and even a few surprises :)

captcha 

Interview with A Psychic Assassin

Explore the flexible nature of our reality as this interview turns into an adventure!

Read More

Love, Sex and Soulmates

love, sex and relationships- "falling" in love
- does a soul have sex?
- gender as opposed to sex
- the urge to find the one

Love, Sex and Soulmates in the New Paradigm

More Details

Articles Index

Expand All / Collapse All

Inelia Benz

- writer
- blogger
- dreamer
- painter
- musician

Read More

Interview with An Alien

Ascension and Awakening eBook

Read More

Donate

If you wish to support the work of Inelia Benz you can do so by making a donation. Your funds will empower all the free information and content that is available now on the website. Thank you!

Make a donation

Process your Fears

Fear is the emotion that keeps you back, that has the most lowering effect on vibrational level. Fear can remain as a back thought when you do your meditations or visualizations. Suppressing this emotion is not helpful, but you can process it and release it from your body. The transcript of the exercise is freely available.

Order now

Get your Ascension101 Course

Details >

Get Ascension Updates:

captcha