English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Español(Spanish Formal International)Japanese(JP)简体中文(中国)Italian - ItalyRomână (România)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)GreekRussian (CIS)Bulgarian (Български)Polish (Poland)Português (Brasil)Nederlands - nl-NLSvenska (Sverige)Čeština (Česká republika)Danish(DK)Vietnamese-VNMagyar (Hungarian)Slovenčina (Slovenská republika)Korean(Republic of Korea))Norsk bokmål (Norway)CatalanМакедонски (Macedonian)

Number of Visitor Pageloads:

tumblr analytics

Home Article Library October 2009 The difficulties of Ascension - Spiritual Awakening

Inelia Benz

We live in a fast moving, modern society that does not encourage the expansion of awareness. We start our journey from the state of awakening into the realization that there is more to life than having a significant other, a job, somewhere to live, hobbies and interests. We have not tool, no knowledge, no information on what to do or what we will encounter.

The first few months are difficult because we don't know what we are doing, so the majority of us will go guidance shopping.  This means we will buy books on self improvement, we will experiment with religions perhaps, schools of thoughts, yoga, tantra, meditation, chanting, visualizations, and on and on...

This is a great stage. The stage of learning and exploring, the stage of awakening. It is an adventure! And like any adventure, it has its dangers. We may fall victim to cults, to gurus, to religions, to ego, and loose our way for quite some time.

Eventually we come out of it. We look around and think, what next?

We still know there is more to life than the materialism we are surrounded by. We still know we have an expanded awareness and can see more than others. But we still have problems.

We may long for a meaningful relationship with an equal. We may long financial comfort. We may have a career goal we have not achieved, or health issues or psychological problems... the list can go on and on.

The miracles promised or implied by our previous teachers did not materialize, or if they did they did so very marginally and meant a loss somewhere else.

It's a difficult time.

So, where do we go from here?

We go back to the start. We shed all the tools that did not serve us 100% and keep the ones that did.  Most importantly, WE MEDITATE.

It doesn't really matter what type of meditation you are doing. But the ones that involve a higher being are less effective than those that involve the quieting of the mind and bring you to present time.

When things get rough, don't try harder! Try less... do less. Just meditate at least 10 minutes a day and expand it to two hours or more if your present circumstances allow. If you are finding it difficult to start, go to the audio section and download some MP3 tools. They start with 5 minute exercises which we can all do.

If your brain is too active, write or draw, or run. Get into the flow. Get into the observer and move away from the running commentary of the mind.

Note: Do you want to chat with Inelia? Go to walkwithmenow.com/about

Comments  

0 #4 Guest 2011-08-11 15:14
Hi,
I have been practising meditation through quieting of the mind for quite some time now, and have always found it relatively easy to do so, in fact most of the day my mind is quiet. However, I have found that as soon as I start getting into deeper states of meditation, I can start to really shake, and feel much dizziness.

I was wondering if I should try to persevere through this stage, or is it a sign I am missing. I tried again last night to be passive once it occurred and carry on, after about 5 minutes I opened my eyes and came back, however it took a while for me to regain my balance, and my eyesight to return to normal, it was as if I was looking from a distance through frosted glass.

I would be grateful for any advice regarding this.

Thanks,

Matt

+1 #3 Guest 2011-05-31 05:47
Hi Inelia
The only thing that woke me up was taking Paul Lowe classes over a 7 to 9 month span in 1996.
Took 3 years before that lesson was finished and I had to go forth on my own.
(as it didn't take ...I didn't have a complete lift in frequency strength).

The only other thing that wakes me now is listening to him and similar speakers daily....though that is passing now as well.
Writing to others with the same interest helps too.

I actually spend an extra 4 hours in bed...feeling into my back pain, and that takes me into other dimensions. So connection to source is simple. I did have the make the space for it my life.
Never have mediated.
Can't sit.
We each find a way.

+1 #2 Inelia Benz 2010-08-17 16:02
Hi Carol,
The reason is that when we give our power away to others, whether human or other beings which we might think of as superior, we have not stepped into our full power.

Inelia

Quoting Carol Ostrom:
Meditation - "ones that involve a higher being are less effective" Could you please expand on why this is so?

I realize this is an older post, but would very much appreciate a further understanding. Thank you. Carol

0 #1 Carol Ostrom 2010-08-15 12:05
Meditation - "ones that involve a higher being are less effective" Could you please expand on why this is so?

I realize this is an older post, but would very much appreciate a further understanding. Thank you. Carol

Add comment

The comment you have submitted will be reviewed before publication.

Thank you!

Security code
Refresh

Interview With an Angel

Inelia's latest novel is here!

Read More

Ascension Updates

Subscribing to our newsletter is the best way to connect with us. You will receive updates about new content, events and even a few surprises :)

captcha 

Interview with A Psychic Assassin

Explore the flexible nature of our reality as this interview turns into an adventure!

Read More

Love, Sex and Soulmates

love, sex and relationships- "falling" in love
- does a soul have sex?
- gender as opposed to sex
- the urge to find the one

Love, Sex and Soulmates in the New Paradigm

More Details

Articles Index

Expand All / Collapse All

Inelia Benz

- writer
- blogger
- dreamer
- painter
- musician

Read More

Interview with An Alien

Ascension and Awakening eBook

Read More

Donate

If you wish to support the work of Inelia Benz you can do so by making a donation. Your funds will empower all the free information and content that is available now on the website. Thank you!

Make a donation

Process your Fears

Fear is the emotion that keeps you back, that has the most lowering effect on vibrational level. Fear can remain as a back thought when you do your meditations or visualizations. Suppressing this emotion is not helpful, but you can process it and release it from your body. The transcript of the exercise is freely available.

Order now

Get your Ascension101 Course

Details >

Get Ascension Updates:

captcha